...to keeping my head in the clouds

A place for me to express myself through muses and images.

A resolve to get fit...again.

I have resolved to get fit--again. I used to be very active, rollerblading, cycling, hiking, and jogging. I’ve been rollerblading (because that works those hips the most for me) three times. Today was one of those days.

I woke up at seven with the alarm, not even hitting the snooze, which is commendable since I didn’t go to bed till 2:30am. I ate my breakfast of toast with honey and coffee (black, raw sugar), all pretty standard.

With my water and keys in hand, I set off down the paved bike path that runs parallel to the muddy Maumee River. About a mile down the heat was getting to me, so I stop for a little breather against a shaded picnic table. I will admit there was a moment I had to nudge, prod, and pull myself up off the table and get rolling.

What made it nice were the smells of the early summer wild flowers. Taking in the beauty of the park helped to ignore those nasty voices that pervade our greatest efforts, telling us to stop.

But when the voice was accompanied by a circling (taunting) fly, ones determination can waver. Alas, I finished with the realization that I-have-a-long-way-to go.

Then as I went to open my car, to rip those devilish skates off...I realized I left my keys on the picnic table, a mile down the path!

1 comments:

Double the workout just for the keys! I'm trying to close my mouth when I see yummy food. SO far it's not working.

 

Post a Comment